10 Benefits of MLS® Laser Therapy
1. Anti-Inflammatory: MLS® Laser Therapy has an anti-edema effect as it causes vasodilation, but also because it activates the lymphatic drainage system which drains swollen areas. As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
2. Analgesic: MLS® Laser Therapy has a beneficial effect on nerve cells. It blocks pain transmitted by these cells to the brain which decreases nerve sensitivity. Also, due to the decreased inflammation, there is less edema and less pain. Another pain blocking mechanism involves the production of high levels of pain killing chemicals such as endorphins and enkephalin from the brain and adrenal gland.
3. Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth: Photons of light from lasers penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser light, damaged cells are repaired faster.
4. Improved Vascular Activity: Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue which speeds up the healing process, closes wounds quickly and reduces scar tissue. Additional benefits include acceleration of angiogenesis, which causes temporary vasodilation and increase in the diameter of blood vessels.
5. Increases Metabolic Activity: MLS® Laser Therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells.
6. Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points: MIS® Laser Therapy stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a noninvasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief.
7. Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: MLS® Laser Therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns or surgery.
8. Improved Nerve Function: Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light speeds the process of nerve cell reconnection and increase the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle heal-i ng.
9.Immunoregulation: Laser light has a direct effect on immunity status by stimulating immunoglobulins and lymphocytes. Laser emissions are absorbed by chromophores (molecule enzymes) that react to laser light. Upon exposure to the laser, the enzyme flavomononucleotide is activated and starts the production of ATP (adenosine-triphosphate), which is the major carrier of cell energy and the energy source for all chemical reactions in the cells.
10. Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates fibroblast development in damaged tissue. Fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries. As a result, MIS® Laser Therapy is effective post surgically and in the treatment of open wounds and burns.
What is MLS?
- MLS stands for Multi-Wave Locked System. The MLS Therapy Laser treats pain, inflammation and arthritis.
- The MLS Laser is a Class IV Laser and uses multiple synchronized diodes.
- It features 2 wavelengths; 808 nanometers and 905 nanometers. The wavelengths are in the infrared spectrum. They are invisible to the eye, but can be seen using a cell phone camera.
- The 808 wavelength is for inflammation, and is long lasting. The 905 wavelength is analgesic and is fast acting. Together, they are very effective.
- The MLS wavelengths combine and synchronize the 808nm and 905nm in a unique and proprietary way. The MLS wave form is patented.
- There are over 3,000 studies performed in the last three decades that validate the efficacy of laser therapy.
- Laser therapy was cleared by the FDA in 2002 and is currently being used by a variety of medical specialties, as well as professional sports teams, including the Dallas Cowboys and Cleveland Cavaliers.
- The laser can penetrate 3-5 cm deep and generates no heat. There are no known harmful effects.
How Do Lasers Works
- Laser energy stimulates cells to remove toxins, like histamine and cytokine, out of cells.
- They allow oxygen and food loads into the cell.
- They block the pain signals to the nociceptors in the brain, and release endorphins and encephalin.
- Laser light increases ATP production and cell growth. It brings blood flow to the area and increases angiogenesis of capillaries.
- MLS Laser Therapy can actually increase healing time by 30-40%.
- In fractures, it will increase osteoblast production within the first 10 days only.
- In a nutshell, the MLS Laser stimulates the mitochondria in cells to jump start the body's own healing process.
- Like an antibiotic, each treatment is cumulative in its effectiveness, building off the previous treatments.
- Acute patients will need 6 treatments every other day for 2 weeks. Chronic patients will need 10 treatments every other day for 3 weeks.